Wednesday, October 12, 2011

IF: Contraption


This week's Illustration Friday was contraption.  I had an image of a magical drawing machine (a 'black box') that takes random pencil lines and creates a realistic drawing.  Here's my attempt at putting that image from my brain to paper.  I made a copy of a drawing I did when learning from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain; cut it to be partially done by the drawing machine; pasted it in an acrylic painted "frame"; made the drawing machine from paper painted with acrylic; then added the pencil lines.  I kinda got what was in my head ... but best of all I actually enjoyed the process and didn't stress (well, not too much:).  Thanks for viewing and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Exceptional job Beth! What a great book, huh? I know Kris had one too for "contraption" but never got around to posting it unfortunately. She said you did an amazing drawing and she was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words Steve! Kris needs to post to her blog anyway ... I want to see her contraption! Good luck this weekend ... So wish we could go, guess you'll have to have another soon:)

    ReplyDelete