Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IF: Soaked


This week's topic of soaked was perfect since it was pouring down rain when I started painting the background of this mixed media (I'm guessing on that label) project.  Acrylic paint on watercolor paper with a sketch I did enlarged on the copier.  I 'modge podged' it on my painted paper with a gold glittery glue (hard to see the effect in this photo but very cool when the sun shines on it!) then painted the hair, shirt and lips.  I am very happy with the fact that I was able to capture the image and feeling that was swirling around in my head ... progress!

PS - I painted this at the same time ... called Then Comes the Sun

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth, beautiful job! Love the collage and paint combo here, and you tackled a tough angle with the woman as well. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete